LAST UPDATED: November 1, 2021
Clio Designs Incorporated (doing business as Deia® referred to herein as “Deia,” “we,” “us” and “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding information you share with us.
- Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us. In the past 12 months we may have collected various categories of personal information about you, including:
- Device Information: When you visit our Site, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we may learn about your browser, device type, IP address, MAC address, internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit, and any search terms you enter while on the Site.
- Location Data: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services and how you interact with us.
- Website Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Site, including pages visited, links clicked, buttons clicked, mouse movement, scroll behavior, and non-sensitive keystroke activity. This data may then be used to create a “session replay” of your interaction, which may be used to troubleshoot customer service issues, either individually or in the aggregate, to improve site functionality and to analyze user interaction. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Contact Information: We may collect your contact information, including first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, billing address, or shipping address.
- Payment Card Information and Payment Details: We may collect your payment card information or payment details if you make an order or add your payment details to your account with us, if any.
- Shopping History & Transactional Data: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase at the Site, return or exchange, or add to your shopping cart.
- Call records, email records, text records, video, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations including all such information you have provided to us in connection with such conversation.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Site, Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or product reviews.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic details about our customers such as birthdate, gender, ZIP code, Social Media information and profile data, and other similar details.
- Social Media Usage: We receive aggregated information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages.
- Job Application Data: If you apply for a job with us, we will, in addition to the Contact Information you provide us, also collect such information as your educational background, employment history, résumé, and other information relating to your job search or application relevant for the recruitment process.
- Deia Account Data: If you want to register or have a registered account with Deia, we will collect your Contact Information, passwords for the account, Demographic Information, Preferences, and Shopping History & Transactional Data.
- Preferences: We may collect information about your preferences, such as products you may be interested in.
- Inferences: We may draw inferences about any of the information above that may relate to your preferences, or other matters.
- How Your Information is Collected
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Site or Social Media Pages; enter our contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; add items to your shopping cart; create a Deia account; respond to a survey; make a product review; opt in to text messages; apply for a job; or fill out any forms on our Site or Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Site, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics or advertising companies, shipping companies, companies that process product reviews, etc. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal information, with Deia. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings. If you contact us via social media platforms to make a complaint or service request, then we will collect information related to such complaint of service request from the social media platform.
- Publicly Available Data: We may combine the information you provide to us with data that is publicly available and data that we collect or receive from other sources.
- How We Use Your Information
- Fulfillment:Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments, confirming or updating you on the status of your order, delivering packages, and responding to your customer service inquiries.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Site, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication, analyzing trends and statistics). We keep track of the pages you visit and the manner in which you use the Site to determine what products are most popular and whether to make changes to the Site. We may, from time to time, review your information and information of other customers to help us analyze trends, purchasing patterns and preferences, and demographics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize your shopping experience by using your product interests, shopping patterns, and purchase information to recommend other products, services or promotions that we believe you may be interested in as well as personalizing advertising and experiences on our Site and in emails and ads.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys, product reviews or other messages.
- Promotions: Running contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Hiring: Recruiting and hiring Deia employees. If you apply for a job with Deia, we will be using your Job Application Data for recruiting and employment purposes. If you are hired by Deia, the information you provide during the recruiting process will become part of our employee records. If you are not hired by Deia, we may retain your information to allow us to contact you if another suitable employment opportunity becomes available.
- Deia Account: Operating the Deia accounts, including making certain services available, offering rewards and/or special promotions to Deia account users.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Site and Social Media Pages and developing our products and services.
- Security: Protecting Deia and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity. We and our third party service providers may disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to: (i) investigate any suspected misuse of the Site; (ii) protect or defend the rights, property and interests of Deia, our customers, or the interests of our third party service providers; or (iii) under exigent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
- How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes.
We may share information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we may share information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Site and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in section 3 “How We Use Your Information,” and we may share with them any types of information described in section 1 “Information We Collect.” We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Agencies and Data Analytics Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business and performing business analytics. We may share with them the types of information described in section 3 “How We Use Your Information.”
- Deia Affiliates: We may disclose certain personal information to our Deia Affiliates for our Affiliates’ use such as, for example, Submitted Content for use on websites, apps, social media pages owned and operated by other Deia Affiliates.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Site users, our Site, or the public.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights below in section 15 “Privacy Rights of California Residents”.
- Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Data: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Site from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services, and you may experience difficulties shopping online at the Site.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your Deia account on our Site. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at privacy@DeiaLove.com.
- Cookies: You can at any time change your cookie preferences on our Site by clicking here [insert hyperlink]. Note that you can also refuse to accept third-party cookies by following your browser’s instructions. If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: Your information may be transferred to another entity that succeeds to all or part of Deia’s business in connection with a sale, reorganization, consolidation, or merger. Your information may be shared under obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure to a prospective successor or purchaser of Deia’s business.
We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 years old. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to Deia in connection with our Site, please contact us at privacy@myDeia.com.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Although we use measures to protect your personal information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk. You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for your Deia account and any associated email addresses.
- Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our website as intended. We may not be able to receive or honor web browser “Do Not Track” signals and our Site may continue to collect information in the manner described within this privacy notice.
- Governing Law
- Links to Other Websites.
This Site may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Third Party Sites.
- Contact Us
We welcome your comments and questions. Please contact us at:
Clio Designs Incorporated
85 Wells Ave. Suite 106
Newton, MA 02459
- Privacy Rights of California Residents
As a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, “CCPA”) relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA), as well as other laws. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under the CCPA and other limitations under applicable law.
California Consumer Rights Under the CCPA: If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information that are sold (as defined under the CCPA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold.
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law; and
- Request that we not “sell” your Personal Information by opting out of the sale of your Personal Information.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request Access to or Deletion of Your Personal Information:
If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information or deletion of your Personal Information please submit your request through our toll free number: 781-449-9500 or by email: privacyl@DeiaLove.com. To ensure we can verify your identity and help us respond to your request please provide us with your full name, email, and home address, and clearly indicate which of the rights you wish to exercise.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information only in response to verifiable consumer requests. We will compare the information you have provided as part of submitting the request to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used only for verification purposes and responding to your request.
How to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information:
We do not sell your personal information; however, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information if we ever engage in such activity.
Requests made through Agents:
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization to act on your behalf and we may require more information to ensure proper verification of you and your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share personal information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the products and services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose Personal Information, see section 4 “How We Share Information with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes” and see section 1 “Information We Collect” for what types of information may be shared.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at privacy@DeiaLove.com. In your request, please include a subject line that states “CA Shine the Light Request”, state that you are a California resident, and provide a current California address for our response.
Clio Designs Incororated Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.